Ro Bhatia has some serious eCommerce chops. He started his career at Google, then spent 5 years at Yahoo, then worked for eBay with merchants, then ran the dot com division for Home Depot. Now he’s the Chief Product and Strategy officer at Limelight Ecommerce.
In this episode we dig into growth tactics that you probably either haven’t thought of or aren’t leveraging properly. Ro has a wealth of experience and he dishes it out in this episode. Here’s a quick look at what we cover:
- If you’re using chat on your site, you’re probably making one fatal flaw. Here’s how to fix it quickly, plus Ro’s favorite chat tool.
- Cross-sells and upsets make up 30% of eCommerce sales! We talk about Ro’s favorite ways to boost cross-sells, upsells and downsells.
- In the new relationship economy cost of acquisition is high, and bumping AOV is critical. If you don’t have a high enough AOV your marketing options will be limited.
- How to properly use data to create buckets of users to show them the right message at the right time (plus an embarrassing eBay story).
- How to delight your customers like Netflix does…(and how “stale” is a kiss of death)
- How to build loyalty and beat friendly churn.
- The best remarketing cohorts to build and how to communicate with them differently.
- How to put all of this together to create a compounding growth effect!