Going fast is fun. Just ask Ricky Bobby. "Hair on fire" type of growth in business can be a real rush. It can also be painful. In this episode, I interview JD Crouse the co-founder and Queso Grande (Big Cheese) of BolderBand.com - a trendy manufacturer and retailer of activewear headbands.
Bolder Band grew from the kitchen table and dusty sewing machine of JD's wife Amy to do over $3.5 million in revenue their first year. To call that rapid growth is an extreme understatement. Amy and JD won the 2014 Build a Business Contest from Shopify and in the process got to spend time with Gary Vaynerchuck, Tim Ferriss, Daymond John and many others.
Growth can also be painful…we'll explore both the good and the bad and the lessons in both. This is a truly inspiring interview. Here's a quick look at what we cover:
- How to build a community FAST on Facebook and Instagram
- Knowing when to stick with it during disappointment
- Handling ruthless competitors
- The good and bad of hiring friends and family members
- Finding a competitive advantage and building your business around it
- Handling the benefits and being aware of the dangers of notoriety
- How to grow in the age of Amazon
- Plus more!